Saturday, September 1, 2007

Orlando Andegoya Toapanta

I was born in Pacto and then after I finished elementary school I left for Quito, the big city, to look for work. Then when I didn't find work I returned to my land to take care of a farm. After some time passed, my cousin Magdalena offered me a place to stay at her farm, located in Santa Rosa. That's how I came to live here.

That is how I came to know Santa Rosa and I liked it a lot. The town authorities have asked me to work with them. I have lived in Santa Rosa
now for three years.

My favorite pastime is is making chocolates and harvesting the fruits I cultivate, like pineapple, peanuts, corn and beans. I take care of my brother's farm and on the farm there is a beautiful river with pools and waterfalls.

I am 47 years old, single, and I like to enjoy the mountains. I'd like to share with volunteers to exchange knowledge and ideas about our environments.

* * * * *

Nací en Pacto y luego de estudiar la primaria salí a Quito, la gran ciudad, a buscar trabajo. Luego de no encontrar para buscar trabajo regresé a mi tierra a cuidar una finca. Al pasar del tiempo, mi prima Magdalena me ofreció posada en su finca ubicada en Santa Rosa. Es así como vine a vivir acá.

Así es como conocí Santa Rosa y me gustó mucho. Las autoridades del pueblo me han pedido que colabore. En Santa Rosa estoy ya tres años.

Mi pasatiempo favorite es hacer chocolates y recoger las frutas que cultivo como piñas, maní, maíz, y frijol. Cuido la finca de mi hermano y en ella hay un hermoso rio que tiene pozas y cascadas.

Tengo 47 años, soltero, y me gusta la diversión en las montanas. Me gustaría compartir con voluntarios para intercambiar conocimientos e ideas de nuestros ambientes.

No comments: